Pages

To live and enjoy every day to its fullest, use my gifts to help others, I travel to wherever passion finds me.

What Will She Paint?

So many friends I met here...!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

FRENCH MIDNIGHT OIL

For the 101st post of Sepia: 




If the midnight oil would burn, what would I be doing?


Do you notice that on the sideflap of the journal is says"Vincent"? It's referring to Vincent van Gogh, the painter. On the frontcover is one of his letters in French, talking about the colors of flowers in his sketch. It was  "gotto have"
when I saw it at Aaron Brothers, especially because I had a 40% off coupon!

By the way, those side flaps are great, not only to keep you at the page you're writing on, but when you're done with writing you put the pen in the crease of the side flap, so no more forever hunting down of my pen:)



this journal would be opened 
and be filled with an entry in sepia India ink pen.
Then when the first light rays of  morning would wonder in,
I could lay my head to rest and dream in sepia.

For more Sepia images, visit Mary T at http://Sepiascenes.blogspot.com  

What would you be doing at midnight?:)

8 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

A nice thought.

Francisca said...

That's a sweet post, Jeanette. "Then when the first light rays of morning would wonder in, I could lay my head to rest and dream in sepia." Well that's about what I have here, and it's time to turn in.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the look of the journal in sepia.

What would I be doing at midnight? Probably reading a book. Yep, I'm bad, very bad,

Jeannette StG said...

Rebecca,
And hopefully the dream is sepia is a good dream LOL Since you're a mom, I expect you're in dream land too at that time:)

Francisca,
Thank you! So even though you travel a lot, you're not a night owl?

EG Wow,
Did you notice that on the side flap it says "Vincent", referring to Vincent van Gogh...and the writing on the front cover is one of his letters, in French. (maybe I should add that to the post)
Midnight reading is one of my faveorite things to do too!

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely blog! I've scrolled about, admiring your art work!

Rudee said...

Wow. This post was a treat for the eyes. Beautifully written, Jeanette.

knittingdragonflies said...

I like the sepia, I am also a night owl!
LOVE your artwork, since I recently started playing with paints, I've come back again and again to look at yours.
Maybe someday I'll be half as good as you
Vicki

Jeannette StG said...

Vicky,
Glad you like it -you're welcome any time!

Rudee,
Thank you friend! Blogging is an ingenious way to tell others about the little daily, but significant things happening in our lives:)

Knittingdragonflies,
So I have seen and really hope you'll pursue painting more, because your talent is easily seen, even though you're just starting out (it's 95% sweat, 5% talent they say)!