Pages

To live and enjoy every day to its fullest, use my gifts to help others, I travel to wherever passion finds me.

What Will She Paint?

So many friends I met here...!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A TRAVELING JOURNAL


When you look at the profile, you might get the idea that I love travel and foreign cultures.
One can't but help bringing one's own world view over to one's children.
When  daughter was 19, she  went on her own (meaning: alone!) traveling for a month to Europe, Our oldest for 10 days to the Phillipines and when she was younger through almost all of Eastern Europe



Son has lived now for almost 5 years in China, 
and went for a 3 week vacation  to India,
because one of his best friends comes from there.
Do you see the lettering on the pink bag?
(click on image to enlarge)




 and went for a 3 week vacation to India, because one of his best friends 
comes from India.
That country I haven't been to yet, I'm envious!!
You see cows, like people  in the street....




 Some of the daily life in India. 
At the house of his friend.
You see the cow by the hostess?



The cows are everywhere. They're considered  holy animals, so they're allowed to come everywhere. Even when you are shopping.
That's probably one of the things I would need to get used to.





I know you're waiting for the Taj Mahal, so here it is!
History goes that to make sure that no one could ever build 
such a beautiful building again, they cut off the hands 
of the workers who built this. 
Don't know if this is true, but the guides told this story. 




Note:
For Weekend Reflection - the sunglasses of both young men, and the trees reflected in the water on the right of the last pic
all pics were taken by Emily, a friend
~~~

20 comments:

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze said...

Nice shots :) holy cows :)
LG Tina

Reader Wil said...

Travelling is great. When I was young I went with my parent to Indonesia as a baby.Five years later I went back to Holland for a year. Six years later I went back to Holland with my mum and sisters. And I stay here now for good.I haven't seen the Taj Mahal either, like you!

VioletSky said...

I would love to see India.
When I was 20 I went to live in Holland. I am glad I did my travelling when I was young, because now, I am too tired and jaded. Until I see other people's travel photos. Still, it takes so much energy.

Jeannette StG said...

LG Tina,
Yeah, who knows that expression came because of this?

Reader Wil,
Even though I love the US and probably will stay (to live) here, I still like to travel!

Violetsky,
The actual plane/train/bus rides can be very tiring, as well as jet lag, but hope you'll make another trip:) because it sounds from what you were writing before about Holl. that you liked meeting new people and landscapes:)

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, that's a big trip. I don't think I could handle all that traveling to get there. Beautiful photos.

VioletSky said...

I do like to see new landscapes and meet new people... Every now and again I feel a bit of wanderlust coming on! I wish the travelling were not the hassle it has become.

Jeannette StG said...

Rebecca,
When the travelbug has bitten you once, it is addicting to see more of the world:) But you have kids to take care of, so it would be harder now. Maybe later...?

Sanna,
Hope you'll buy that plane/train/bus ticket sometime:):)

Tanya Breese said...

what amazing experiences your children have had! and i too would have to get used to the cows just meandering through town! great pics/story!

p.s. yes, i'm originally from san diego..we left about 10 years ago to see what life was like in other parts of the country! love it! :)

Jeannette StG said...

Tanya,
Oh, San Diego is my favorite hang out town:) We go there very frequently! Thanks for the follow!

Anonymous said...

Wow - the photo of the Taj Mahal is stunning!

Steffi said...

Wonderful photos!Love it!It´s great to travel to other countries.My daughter loves it to traveling too.As I was young we couldn´t traveling to other countries because I lived in the GDR (East Germany)...This would be now a longer story...
Have a nice weekend!

fjällripan said...

Oh it must have been a great place/country to visit. Great photos!

Jeannette StG said...

Fiona,
Next year to the Taj Mahal? smile...

Steffi,
I know about quite a lot about the DDR, because we had friends in Plauen (Vogtland) and we visited them several times. After having moved 4 years earlier, the whole country became reunited! And our friends could come to the US to visited us!:)

Fjallripan,
To come close to the foot of the Himalayan mountains was very exciting for them...

lazyclick said...

Great shot of Red Fort.

Ms. Becky said...

you're fortunate that your children have the desire to explore and broaden their horizons. these are some fun and intriguing photos. I love seeing these exotic lands. the last photo is extraordinary. it's dreamy. happy SWF!

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a great time, excellent shot of the Taj Mahal-well done:)

'Tsuki said...

Nice trip !

forgetmenot said...

Jeanette, Beautiful blue nile flowers on your header. Wow, the experiences your kids have had--I'm envious too! Beautiful photo of the Taj Mahal--hope you make it there. Have a nice weekend. Mickie :)

James said...

Wonderful shots! I noticed the reflections in the sunglasses right away but I might have missed the trees. I love traveling but mostly in Europe and The USA. However I love seeing photos from all over the world.

Someday I hope to take a photography class. I bet your hubby had a great time!

Jeannette StG said...

Lazyclick,
Thank you! There are some pretty amazing buildings in India that I've seen at several blogs:)


Ms Becky,
Yeah, seems like the "kids" are following in our footsteps.

Jane,
Hope that you realize a friend of my son took all these pics:)

Tsuki,
It looks like that it was!

Forgetmenot,
Thank you, and also for that nice wish for me!

James,
Have to say that in 2007 did our first trip in Asia,and in China are many worthy things to see!
Think you would love that photography class:)