Wednesday, February 18, 2009
LIFE IS SO DAILY!
This is Dick Sattler's art in my Scribble and Doodle Window of this week. It's called "Me" of the Mary Engelbreit collection, and she is on the cover of one of my journals. Do you see that her left (actually her right) hand is breaking the frame? The caption is funny, because it is such a truism. Somehow though she reminds me of the painting "The Scream" (Edvard Munch).
I wanted to write something light hearted, but all that comes to mind are deep and heavy things. But Gary Rith from the Pottery Blog reminded me on something, so I'm gonna put that on top!
- Life is a bowl of cherries, or life is a chair of bowlies - thanks Gary.
Then his contribution helped me to remember the next ones.
If you comment and give me a line, I'll add it too (smiles)
-you have to take life as it is (unknown to me)
_one day at a time should do it (psychologists use this one a lot)
-tomorrow will be spring (my poem Camellias)
My initial thoughts still are good to look at if you are feeling like the girl on the cover of the journal:)
- do I run my daily life, or does my life run me?
- do I have some goals to work towards, or am I just existing?
(hint: there is a difference between existing and thriving)
- why doesn't life wait till I'm ready for the tough stuff (like divorce, loss of a job, old age, etc.)?
- am I surrounding myself with beauty, art, and nature to escape the "bad" in the
world? In other words, am I the proverbial ostrich which sticks its head in the sand? Or, do I face the issues I need to face?
- there are always things that could be "better", but is the pendulum swinging near the "fulfilled", or the "unfulfilled" side?
- since the elections last year Nov. there has been much talk about "change." If I am not part of the "problem", am I a participant in being the solution?
I one of these questions in this last section spoke to you, GO AHEAD AND SCREAM NOW!
Or, run away, or both.
I promise the next Scribble and Doodle won't be as heavy on the guts.
On second thought...if you can think of something light hearted,funny, or deep go ahead and give me a line to add to one of these sections.