Pages

To live and enjoy every day to its fullest, use my gifts to help others, I travel to wherever passion finds me.

What Will She Paint?

So many friends I met here...!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

THANKS AND THANKS

For me thankful is....
is having a roof above my head.


Even if it's only a tin roof.
To say that three years ago would be kind of  "a given", but around me there are still people are losing their home or their job.
 Thanks to Sepia Scenes  no.120 hosted by Mary T. at http://sepiascenes.blogspot.com  (since I'm out of town till after the weekend, your comments won't appear till I am back   - thanks!


For me thankful is  being able to eat three meals a day. I'm not even talking about turkey on Thanksgiving Day! Where I paint on Sunday, they have a warehouse for the needy. They feed 5000 people a month. So, being able to buy and prepare food is not a given anymore  either.

Thankful for me means having a warm sweater for cold weather.







The first three are the basic necessities.
My thankfulness grows when there are luxuries in life. The fragrance of flowers lifts my spirits.
To teach someone art, gives me joy.

 


to see a beautiful sunset gives me the promise of a new day.
If you have access to one of these above, don't forget to make someones day a little brighter.

To all of you a happy Thanksgiving!

~*~*~*~

 

13 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

Have a wonderful Thankgsgiving

DUTA said...

Beautiful post! And so true, every word of it.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rudee said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Reader Wil said...

Oh I forgot! It's thanksgiving, isn't it? Your post is very good. We should be thankful for all the things we have. We should share as much as possible!

Clytie said...

You are so right. With so many people who don't even have the 'basics' ... I need to remember to give extra thanks that I have a place to live, a fireplace to heat it, and food to eat in it. No matter how frustrating it can be. Thank you so much for the reminder!

Lara said...

happy Thanksgiving! it's a wonderful moment to sit back, look and be thankful!

Zuzana said...

Beautiful sentiments describing traditions.;) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours dear Jeannette,
xoxo

Daliana Pacuraru said...

I wish you a warm, cozy, happy Thanksgiving!
Best regards!

Kathy said...

The old house is a perfect subject for the sepia treatment.

Merisi said...

I agree! :-)

I hope you had a warm Thanksgiving!

S said...

Hmmm...we don't celebrate Thanksgivig over here in South Africa. I like your photo of the roses. Where do you get so many hues?

Enjoy your holiday!

Sreddy

Jeannette StG said...

Twain,
Hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable too! Did you eat turkey?

Duta,
Thank you! Since you have traveled so much, do you also take over some of the holidays of the other countries?

Reader Wil,
Yes, it was thanksgiving on the 27th of Nov. To true, it's a cliche but I really believe in that it's better to give than to receive!

Clytie,
Especially when we're so busy these two last months, it's easy to forget the actual reason of the feasts we celebrate:)

Lara,
Thanks for visiting! It's good for the soul to sit back and be thankful, isn't it?

Zuzanna,
Even though I never was a pilgrim (the origin of the feast), I wouldn't want to miss the turkey and pumpkin pie every year! So thank you dear friend! We enjoyed it (see post above:) )

Wind,
Thank you! Do you have something in Rumania where you celebrate the harvest of vegetables and grains, etc.? For the USA-thanksgiving, read my reply also to Sreddy:)

Kathy,
The soberness of the house, inspired me to start a watercolor of it -will show you when it's done!

Merisi,
It was actually cold for California, dipping into the minus zero degr. but we stayed (thankfully) warm!

Sreddy,
Thank you! Are you having a vacation right now?
The thanksgiving feast has to do with the Pilgrims coming to this land centuries ago, and being able to harvest their first crop.
All these roses come from my front yard of my previous house:)

Jeannette StG said...

Rudee,
Sorry I went out of order -hope your thanksgiving was enjoyable as well!