Pages

To live and enjoy every day to its fullest, use my gifts to help others, I travel to wherever passion finds me.

What Will She Paint?

So many friends I met here...!

Friday, August 23, 2013

WORLD TRAVELERS

Hubby and I have traveled a lot, but my niece and her hubby 
living in  the Netherlands take the cake! 


When they married they decided last minute to change
their honeymoon from the area where (and when) the tsunami hit!!
to go to Egypt.


A few years after,  they made a trip around the world 
and  had their end destination in the USA with us
and met her sister in Canada for Christmas. 

One of the things they squeezed into their luggage were
two boxes of cereal:):)






bougainvilla in yards, or serving as fences
Showing local, the gorgeous (San Diego), touristy (Beverly Hills) 
as well as fun places (beach)
in our metropolis Los Angeles













 From "safe" San Diego" at our fave coffee shop "Upstart Crow" 
we went into unpredictable territory







walking South of the Border 
(sorry - no way to make this a "nice" pic!)
Hubby is 6'3" so these fences are pretty high









into Mexico.
Adventurers in their own right such as hiring an RV and touring down 
New Zealand and Australia
but they didn't feel like  doing this on their own:) 







Modified for Mandarin Orange in
Rough Pastel/balance




bright colored tiles







the art and building styles in San Diego
are much the same as in Mexico








Good we did it then, because now there are other "things" to take care of! 
When we were in the Netherlands a few months ago 
we saw Lise and Esmee "live" for the first time.

Every time I'm there it boggles me how Green the Grass is there:)




***

19 comments:

Mersad said...

I haven't visited your blog in a long time and just saw your latest post on my feed, but I'm glad to be back. Thanks for your posts! Would love to see more photos from Mexico if you have them.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photograpgy - Capturing the beautiful side of life

Jeannie Marie said...

Your border crossing photo was actually quite pretty on the right side with flowers and greenery and the stones coming through the pavement. I've often wondered about going into Mexico from San Diego. I've never seen any pictures. Happy Pink Saturday!

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a whirlwind of travel your post took me on and I didn't even have to leave my home! Love those two little cuties with the doll buggies.

Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday!
Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

betty-NZ said...

Great photos with lots of smiles! The flowers are just gorgeous.

Ruth Kelly said...

Your last photo is so cute. I did not care for Tijuana but you don't know until you go.

Noel Morata said...

Crossing the border looks intimidating, but I'm sure it was quite nice to visit close-by. thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Interesting post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Jeannette StG said...

Mersad
Thank you for your visit! there's something wrong with your comment moderation - only when I filled in "friend's email" -which was my own, could I get through comment moderation (after trying for 9 times).

Cynthia said...

I love the little wicker doll buggies!

Hannah said...

I lived in San Diego for 20 years, but only went to TJ once, to see my uncle's orphanage. Thanks for taking me there to see the sights! I love the building style there, especially the Bazaar del Mundo.

Michele {Malaysian Meanders} said...

I love the Upstart Crow. They were doing coffee and books way before Barnes & Noble. I understand why your guests packed cereal. I just paid US$10 for a box of Apple Jacks here in Malaysia.

Roger Owen Green said...

OK, GREEN GRASS is your link!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Reader Wil said...

Green Grass in the Netherlands! I agree with you: my country is Green!
Wil, ABCW Team

Gemma Wiseman said...

Interesting variety of scenes in these photos. The bougainvillea is stunning and the fountain is so cute. But especially love the winning little smiles in the last photo.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely fountain photo but the little girls are the best ! carol, xo

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful series of photos, love it!

Thank you for joining Water World Wednesday
Kim,USA

Tanya Breese said...

oh i'm originally from san diego so thanks for the visit "home"! i am laughing about your niece and her husband with the cereal! lucky to travel so much :)

Pat said...

Lovely photos.

Audrey said...

Joli partage ;o)